It’s been a while. It’s been too long.
It’s been a while since we’ve seen Ryan Tannehill take the field for the Miami Dolphins in a game that counts.
It’s been too long since we’ve seen the Miami Dolphins win.
The oddsmakers say Miami won’t be very good this season. They consider the Tennessee Titans a slight favorite to win on Sunday.
Here are 5 Dolphins under pressure today:
• QB Ryan Tannehill — Tannehill is an even-keeled guy. But it’s been 637 days since Tannehill played his last real game for the Dolphins. There has to be some nerves. There has to be some trepidation. He’ll hope to shake it quickly enough to pick apart a Titans secondary sprinkled with talent.
• OT Laremy Tunsil — I’ve seen Titans defensive lineman Jurrell Casey throw tackles and guards to the ground. I’ve seen Casey bull rush and also run around and past linemen with speed no man of his size should be able to. The Titans will try to confuse Miami with different 3-4 and 4-3 looks on Sunday. But Tunsil and every other Miami lineman must always be aware of where 99 is.
• DE Cam Wake — Dennis Kelly. That’s the name of the right tackle Wake gets to face on Sunday, with Jack Conklin out due to injury. Dennis Kelly. That’s the man Wake must dominate, ideally to the tune of multiple sacks and multiple more pressures.
• LB Raekwon McMillan — In McMillan’s first regular-season NFL game, he gets a shot at tackling powerful Derrick Henry and shifty Dion Lewis. McMillan had a few good moments in the preseason. But also a few moments where he seemed a step slow to diagnosis or chase. It will be interesting to see which Dolphin/s cover Tennessee tight ends.
• Coach Adam Gase — Gase has the roster he’s wanted. He’s got players he believes in. He’s got his quarterback back. It would be really, really helpful if the Dolphins got this season of low expectations off to a good start. It would be really, really helpful if Miami actually got off to a good start in the game.