Are you a lover of the crunchy, golden Ritz cracker? If so, listen up.
Mondelēz Global LLC announced Saturday that the company is voluntarily recalling more than a dozen of its products due to possible salmonella contamination.
The items placed on the recall list contain whey powder. The company that supplies whey powder to Mondelēz sparked the recall due to the potential presence of salmonella in the whey.
Ritz products on the recall list include the following (check the UPC code and “best use by date” in the chart below):
- Ritz Bits cheese bags, cartons and go-packs
- Ritz cheese cracker sandwiches
- Ritz bacon cracker sandwiches with cheese
- Ritz whole-wheat cracker sandwiches with white cheddar cheese
- Ritz everything cracker sandwiches with cream cheese
- Mixed cookie cracker variety packs
People who have any of the above items should throw them out. So far no one has reported getting sick.
Anyone seeking more information about the recall is asked to call the company at 844-366-1171.
Mondelēz International is a snack-food conglomerate that operates in 160 countries.