Reports: 2 students sickened by tainted gummy bears

Feb 09, 2018
  • By WPXI.com
Justin Sullivan/Getty Images
Gummy bears.

Two students in the Laurel Highlands School District were sickened by tainted gummy bears, according to a tip received by WPXI.

>> Read more trending news

The tipster also said the high school students were hospitalized after eating the gummy bears.

Superintendent Jesse Wallace confirmed that something like that did happen.

A statement read, in part, “we are under the impression that our students are stable and wish them a safe recovery.”

Wallace also said the district is investigating if there was an illegal substance involved.