Drug called ‘Pink’ killed her 21-year-old son, now heartbroken Texas woman is warning others


A Texas is woman is warning others about a drug with the street name “Pink” after it was listed on her son’s death certificate, along with heroin.

>> Read more trending news

The drug is many times more powerful than morphine, according to the Texas Poison centerKTVA reported, and Mary Elliot had never heard of it before.

Her son, Jeremy Elliot, 21, died in April after sinking into a coma following an overdose.

Heroin and something called U-47700 were listed on his death certificate. 

Mary Elliot told KHOU she wondered, “What is this? Is this bath salts?” after seeing the certificate.

>> Related” Ohio pilot, wife died from powerful animal tranquilizer, cocaine mixture

“(The drug) is anywhere between seven and eight times more potent than morphine is,” said Texas Poison Center director Jean Cleary, according to CBS News.

The center said at least three people died from “Pink” last year.

“My son just tried something and it took ahold of him,” Mary Elliot told KHOU.

“I thought I did everything right and when this happened I asked myself what I did wrong,” Elliot said.

>> Related: “Gary death:” Heroin, fentanyl mix kills Georgia woman

She has since formed a Facebook support group called MAH, Mothers Against Heroin, in hopes of helping others learn from her tragedy.


Reader Comments ...


Next Up in Nation & World

Amazon Prime increasing membership fee 20% to $119 in May for new members
Amazon Prime increasing membership fee 20% to $119 in May for new members

Amazon is increasing its membership fee for its Prime subscription service by 20 percent starting next month, according to media reports. >> Read more trending news   On an earnings conference call Thursday, the tech company’s chief financial officer, Brian Olsavsky, said the increase takes effect May 11, MarketWatch reported...
Musician Charles Neville of The Neville Brothers dead at 79
Musician Charles Neville of The Neville Brothers dead at 79

Musician Charles Neville, the brother of Aaron Neville and a member of the R&B funk group The Neville Brothers, has died. He was 79 years old. Aaron Neville confirmed the news to WWL Thursday. The 79-year-old was sick for some time, the station reported. He died at his Massachusetts home. >> Read more trending news  The New Orleans...
Roller coaster Thursday for President Trump on Russia, Cohen, Cabinet
Roller coaster Thursday for President Trump on Russia, Cohen, Cabinet

In a turbulent Thursday, President Donald Trump raised new questions about how he might deal with the investigation into Russian interference in the 2016 elections, admitted that Michael Cohen was his lawyer in legal dealings with porn star Stormy Daniels, watched as his Cabinet saw a day of success, verbal scrapes, and setbacks...
Video shows 2014 police shooting that killed ‘Cops’ crew member
Video shows 2014 police shooting that killed ‘Cops’ crew member

The judge in a wrongful death lawsuit against Omaha police officers who fatally shot two men in 2014 -- including a member of a “Cops” camera crew shadowing them -- has released footage that shows what happened inside a Wendy’s restaurant being robbed that night.  Officers fired more than 30 rounds in the fast food restaurant...
Kelis says marriage with Nas had ‘a lot of physical and mental abuse’
Kelis says marriage with Nas had ‘a lot of physical and mental abuse’

Singer Kelis and Nas divorced nearly 10 years ago, but Kelis has revealed new information about her marriage to the rapper that has stunned many.  In an interview with Hollywood Unlocked posted Thursday, the singer opened up about her marriage to the rapper, alleging that there was infidelity and physical and mental abuse. The two met in 2002...
More Stories