Today is the first day at work for Matt Benoit, the new town manager of Jupiter.
Benoit, 43, was city manager in Huntsille, Texas.
Benoit’s annual salary is $215,000. The town charter requires the town manager live in Jupiter.
Jupiter’s former town manager Andy Lukasik began as Jupiter town manager in 2004. Lukasik left in March to become village manager of North Palm Beach.
A native of Denver, Benoit’s first job as a city manager was when he was 23 in 2,500-resident Herington, Kansas. He has taken jobs since then in increasingly larger communities. He describes his management style as an intermediary between the council and the staff.
RESUME: Matt Benoit
- 43 years old, from Denver.
- Benoit and his wife Micki, a speech therapist, have a son, Garrett, 14, and a daughter Madie, 17. They have a pet male labrador named Boscoe.
- Prior to being Huntsville city manager, Benoit was assistant city manager in Farmers Branch, Texas, for three years. Benoit also held assistant and city manager positions in Wichita Falls, Texas and Herington, Kansas.
- Benoit has a master’s degree in public administration from Kansas State University. He has a bachelor’s degree in history/political science from Bethany College in Lindsborg, Kansas.
- His hobbies are watching his kids play sports, fishing and exercise. He played guard in basketball and tight end in football at Bethany College.
- “I’m a big Denver Broncos fan,” he said.