- By Kristina Webb Palm Beach Post Staff Writer
1. Sign up for the Giant Community Yard Sale. Want to clear out some of that post-holiday clutter? You can sign up now for Royal Palm Beach’s Giant Community Yard Sale, 8 a.m. to 1 p.m. April 14 at Veterans Park, 1036 Royal Palm Beach Blvd. Vendor space is first come, first served and the deadline to sign up is April 6. Vendor applications are available at Commons Park, 11600 Poinciana Blvd., Royal Palm Beach. For more information including fees, call 561-753-1232 or go to www.royalpalmbeach.com.
2. Check out food trucks and a free concert. Wellington’s weekly series continues, with food trucks at the Wellington Amphitheater, 12100 Forest Hill Blvd., from 5 to 9:30 p.m. Thursday. This week’s performance is from Whitestone, which hits the stage at 6:30 p.m. Remember to bring your own seating. For more information, go to www.wellingtonfl.gov.
3. Learn how to keep your child safe. Wellington, the JCPenney Asset Protection Department, the Mall at Wellington Green, Palm Beach County Sheriff’s Office, Palm Beach County Fire Rescue and several other agencies will host a free Child Safety Experience event from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. Saturday at the JCPenney upper-level parking lot, 10308 Forest Hill Blvd., Wellington. Certified child safety seat installers and certified bike helmet fitters will be on-hand. Children will receive free bike helmets. PBSO will have its child identification machine on-site. For more information, call Wellington Community Services project manager Jonathan Salas at 561-791-4764 or go to www.wellingtonfl.gov.
4. Take in a free performance from a Journey tribute band. Whether you’re a small-town girl or a city boy, you can check out a free concert from Journey tribute Odyssey Road at 7:30 p.m. Saturday at the Wellington Amphitheater, 12100 Forest Hill Blvd. Remember to bring seating and snacks. For more information, go to www.wellingtonfl.gov.