Ten Palm Beach County high school seniors have been named recipients of the Palm Beach County Sheriff’s Foundation 2018 Youth Scholarship Program.
Each recipient receives $2,500 for their freshman year of college, an award they can apply to renew for up to four years of college or trade school, according to a news release.
WELLINGTON READERS: Sign up for The Post’s weekly newsletter for Wellington news
The students will receive their awards this Sunday in a ceremony at the International Polo Club in Wellington.
The recipients are:
- Guadalupe Alcala-Garcia, Glades Central High School, Florida State University
- Charles Crichton, Atlantic Community High School, University of Central Florida
- Morgan Frederick, Palm Beach Gardens Community High School, Florida Atlantic University
- Kalen Hyde, Palm Beach Gardens Community High School, Florida Gulf Coast University
- Ethan Mansdorf, Santaluces Community High School, Palm Beach State College
- Elie Merisier, Lake Worth Community High School, Palm Beach State College
- De’Juan Miller, Glades Central High School, Keiser University
- Gisell Rodriguez, Glades Central High School, Florida International University
- Alana Thomas, Santaluces Community High School, Howard University
- Kylie Tucker, Park Vista Community High School, Palm Beach State College
Foundation chairman Rick Seymour said the organization received dozens of applications for the scholarships.
For more information, go to www.pbcsf.org.