- Kristina Webb Palm Beach Post Staff Writer
1. Food trucks and a free concert. Wellington’s weekly series continues, with food trucks at the Wellington Amphitheater, 12100 Forest Hill Blvd., from 5 to 9:30 p.m. Thursday. This week’s performance is from Heart tribute band All Heart, which hits the stage at 6:30 p.m. Remember to bring your own seating. For more information, go to www.wellingtonfl.gov.
2. West Fest in Royal Palm Beach. The popular three-day festival returns this week from 5 to 9 p.m. Friday, 11 a.m. to 9 p.m. Saturday and 11 a.m. to 6 p.m. Sunday at Commons Park, 11600 Poinciana Blvd., Royal Palm Beach. This year’s event includes carnival rides, Western arts and crafts, a frontier-style village, the Paul Bunyan Lumberjack Show, and a lineup of concerts including a Tim McGraw tribute and Kenny Chesney tribute. The Miss and Mr. West Fest pageant will be Saturday. Also Saturday is a new West Fest feature, a Bike Trail Rodeo with three experience levels. Admission is free with charges for carnival rides and food. Attendees are encouraged to bike, walk or car pool, and there will be free parking at Commons Park. Bring your own seating. For more information, go to www.rpbwestfest.com.
3. Wellington Idol. The top performers in Wellington have been chosen, and now they compete for a top prize of $500. Performances start at 7 p.m. Friday at the Wellington Amphitheater, 12100 Forest Hill Blvd. Finalists return for another round starting at 7 p.m. Saturday at the amphitheater. Bring snacks and seating. Admission is free. For more information, call 561-753-2484 or go to www.wellingtonfl.gov.
4. Free fun with the family at Lake Wellington. Wellington’s second Lakeside Family Fun Day is from 8 a.m. to 1 p.m. Saturday at the Wellington Community Center, 12150 Forest Hill Blvd. The event includes free activities such as fishing, kayaking, paddle boarding, yoga and zumba. There will be a meet-and-greet from 10 a.m. to noon with Pia the great horned owl from Lion Country Safari. For more information, call 561-753-2484 or go to www.wellingtonfl.gov.
5. Free jazz band performance. Catch a live performance of the Jazz Ambassadors, the U.S. Army’s official touring big band, from 6 to 7:30 p.m. Sunday at the Wellington Amphitheater, 12100 Forest Hill Blvd. Bring your own seating. For more information, go to www.wellingtonfl.gov.