- Kristina Webb Palm Beach Post Staff Writer
A foodie festival is moving to Wellington, and bringing with it a combination of crispy treats, adult beverages, music and fun.
The Bacon and Bourbon Fest will stretch across three days from March 23-25 in the area around the Wellington Community Center, organizer Nancy Stewart-Franczak said at Tuesday night’s village council meeting.
The Bacon and Bourbon Fest left Delray Beach in 2016 after that city changed its special events policy to require organizers to cover the full cost of city services instead of the 40 percent previously required. Before that, the event had been at Delray’s Old School Square.
After canceling the 2017 event, Stewart-Franczak and her team at Delray Beach Arts Inc. approached Wellington about partnering to put on the event in 2018. At Tuesday night’s meeting, the Wellington council voted to give Village Manager Paul Schofield the OK to enter into a co-sponsorship agreement with the Bacon and Bourbon Fest.
Here are the new details presented by Stewart-Franczak at Tuesday’s meeting:
Assistant Village Manager Jim Barnes said the festival’s organizers will cover the costs of security and provide their own staff and volunteers, while also paying for any village staff who may require overtime. Wellington will waive fees for use of the Community Center area as part of the partnership agreement.
Delray Beach Arts Inc. also runs the popular Garlic Fest, which moved from downtown Delray to John Prince Park just west of Lake Worth, and the Delray Affair.
IF YOU GO
What: Bacon and Bourbon Fest
When: March 23-25
Where: Wellington Community Center and surrounding area, 12150 Forest Hill Blvd., Wellington