Ryan Seacrest's former stylist reveals detailed sexual harassment allegations


Ryan Seacrest's former personal stylist Suzy Hardy in an exclusive Variety story laid out detailed claims that he sexually harassed her in numerous ways for several years, allegations that E! had recently dismissed after a two-month investigation.

>> Ryan Seacrest denies inappropriate behavior with stylist

Hardy, who worked with Seacrest from 2007 to 2013, provided Variety her original November letter addressed to E!, its parent NBCUniversal and Seacrest. She also spoke with Variety and provided witnesses who heard her stories at the time they happened.

She said Seacrest would hug her and grind against her in his underwear. In at least one instance, she he grabbed her genitals without her permission. Another time, she said he slapped her bottom so hard, it left a welt, which she took a picture of. She said after reporting his actions to E! human resources in 2013, she was let go of her job.

Hardy’s attorney — Howard King of King, Holmes, Paterno & Soriano LLP — asked Seacrest and E! to “come up with a plan to address the treatment of all women at the networks and to take responsibility for the wrongful treatment” of Hardy, and threatened “more formal action” if the request were ignored.

>> Weinstein Co. to file for bankruptcy after deal talks fail, report says

Soon after he received the letter, Seacrest publicly revealed the existence of the accusations without details and later claimed he was being blackmailed.

Variety said nobody in Seacrest’s camp or E! provided evidence she had asked for any compensation.

A month ago, E! finished an investigation from an outside counsel and concluded there wasn’t enough evidence to give credence to her allegations.

The “American Idol” host and Atlanta native has steadfastly denied any sexual harassment on his part in past statements. 

Hardy said she kept her job for years because she was a single mom and needed the gig.

>> Read more trending news 

Hardy said she decided to go public after Seacrest wrote in a Hollywood Reporter column that the E! investigation found “no evidence of wrongdoing on my part.” The reality is they wrote “insufficient evidence.”

She is no longer in the entertainment industry. She told Variety: “I came from a freelance life, and it was scary. It was hard to raise a child and not know where your next check was going to come from, and if that gig was going to take me out of town for two weeks. It was a better deal all the way around, even if I was being abused. It’s sick to say, but it was true.”



Next Up in Community

The WHY behind SELF-WOUNDING
The WHY behind SELF-WOUNDING

Dysfunctional families. Alcoholism. Teenage rape and murder. These are all topics ripe for prestige television. But a major subplot of HBO’s “Sharp Objects” — which is based on “Gone Girl” author Gillian Flynn’s debut novel of the same name and airs its finale Sunday — is one rarely covered in pop culture...
Bode Miller’s wife shares photo of last time she held her dying daughter
Bode Miller’s wife shares photo of last time she held her dying daughter

  Top U.S. ski champion Bode Miller and his wife, Morgan, lost their youngest child, Emeline “Emmy” Grier Miller, in a pool drowning accident in early June. >> Read more trending news  The grief-stricken couple publicly talked about their loss in late July and now Morgan Miller has shared a heartbreaking photo...
Asia Argento, #MeToo activist, settled sex assault claim against her, report says
Asia Argento, #MeToo activist, settled sex assault claim against her, report says

A prominent #MeToo activist and Harvey Weinstein accuser recently agreed to pay $380,000 to settle a sexual assault complaint against her, according to a new report. The New York Times reported Sunday that actress Asia Argento, who said last year that Weinstein raped her in 1997, settled a claim by former child star Jimmy Bennett, now 22. In a notice...
Nicki Minaj accuses Travis Scott of using Kylie Jenner to promote his now No. 1 album
Nicki Minaj accuses Travis Scott of using Kylie Jenner to promote his now No. 1 album

Nicki Minaj has a few explanations for why her latest album didn’t debut at the top of the charts. This month, Travis Scott and Minaj have have both released albums, but while Scott’s “Astroworld” has held the top spot on the Billboard 200 chart for the past two weeks, the 35-year-old rapper’s ...
Nicki Minaj slammed for comparing herself to Harriet Tubman
Nicki Minaj slammed for comparing herself to Harriet Tubman

Nicki Minaj’s latest tweet about Harriet Tubman was a head-scratcher.  » RELATED: Safaree said Nicki Minaj of cutting him with knife during Twitter feud The 35-year-old rapper, who named her new album "Queen," took to Twitter Monday to share her definition of a royal: “All the QUEENS I remember,...
More Stories