George Strait, Beyonce, others to hold Hurricane Harvey relief concert


A star-studded benefit concert and telethon will be simulcast across multiple networks to raise money for Hurricane Harvey relief.

>> Read more trending news

“Hand in Hand: A Benefit for Hurricane Harvey Relief” was announced Tuesday. Taped tributes, appearances and performances from Beyonce, Adam Sandler, Justin Bieber, Robert De Niro, Drake, Blake Shelton, Oprah Winfrey and others will be on the broadcast.

George Strait will do a live performance at the end of the show from San Antonio, Texas at the Majestic Theatre which he announced  Aug. 28.

Related: Hurricane Harvey: Celebs pledge help to those affected by storms 

The hourlong show will be live from Los Angeles, New York and Nashville and aired on ABC, CBS, CMT, Fox, NBC and online on Twitter, Facebook Live and YouTube. According to a news release, proceeds from the event will go to the United Way Harvey Recovery Fund, Habitat for Humanity, Save the Children, Feeding Texas, Direct Relief, and the Mayor’s Fund for Hurricane Harvey Relief, which is administered by Greater Houston Community Foundation. The Mayor’s Fund is through the Hand in Hand Hurricane Relief Fund, the release said.

More performers and appearances are to be announced.

“Hand in Hand” airs Sept. 12 at 8 p.m. 

More information on the benefit is at HandinHand2017.com.

Related video: Images of Hurricane Harvey


Reader Comments ...


Next Up in Nation & World

Prince Estate releases original version of ‘Nothing Compares 2 U,’ unseen rehearsal footage
Prince Estate releases original version of ‘Nothing Compares 2 U,’ unseen rehearsal footage

The original version of Prince’s “Nothing Compares 2 U” is now available for fan consumption. The song, which was a successful single Sinéad O’Connor released in 1990, was recorded by Prince in 1984 at the Flying Cloud Drive Warehouse in Eden Prairie, Minnesota, with his longtime engineer, Susan Rogers. Prince composed...
No criminal charges filed in Prince's 2016 overdose death, prosecutor says
No criminal charges filed in Prince's 2016 overdose death, prosecutor says

Authorities have declined to press criminal charges against anyone in the 2016 overdose death of musical icon Prince, saying Thursday that investigators were unable to determine where the artist got the fentanyl that killed him.
Cops save suicidal teen, tell her 'nothing’s that bad'
Cops save suicidal teen, tell her 'nothing’s that bad'

Police officers in Columbus could be considered heroes after they rushed to save a teen from jumping off a bridge.  The rescue happened on March 20, but the video of the rescue was released this week. The body camera video shows Kenneth Kropp and Anthony Sebastiano grabbing the girl by the arms before two other officers help pull her over the...
‘Scandal’ finale: What time, what channel, what happens to Olivia
‘Scandal’ finale: What time, what channel, what happens to Olivia

Mellie’s in the White House. Rowan is talking to his dinosaur. Cyrus, who has killed his way to the vice presidency, is perched like a vulture waiting to take a seat behind a desk in the Oval Office. Jake has just lost his mind. If the names are not familiar to you, we’re guessing being a gladiator is not on your bucket list. The ABC series...
Trump lawyer drops defamation lawsuit over publication of Steele Dossier
Trump lawyer drops defamation lawsuit over publication of Steele Dossier

Embroiled in a new legal dispute after an FBI raid earlier this month, President Donald Trump’s personal lawyer, Michael Cohen, has dropped a $100 million defamation lawsuit filed against BuzzFeed news, and the head of the opposition research firm Fusion GPS, which spearheaded the development of the Steele Dossier. &ldquo...
More Stories