Refrigerators, microwave ovens and hot plates were among the appliances that furnished a barn tack room where a March 9 fire broke out that led to the deaths of nine horses, a report released Monday said.
“Several items were plugged into a surge protector behind the refrigerators,” Palm Beach County Fire Rescue’s incident report said. The 50-year-old barn near Gulfstream Polo had no sprinkler system.
Subscribers get total access to this story, and all our in-depth news, digital editions and exclusive content. Subscribe today, or try a 24-hour or 7-day digital pass.
All Day Access — 24-hour digital pass99¢ for 24 hours
All Week Access – 7-day digital pass$3.99 for 7 days
All Access, All the Time – Print & DigitalView Offers
Post Print Subscriber — I need to register my account for digital access.Access Digital
Registered Post Subscriber — Sign me in.Sign In