- Shelby Lin Erdman, Cox Media Group National Content Desk
A Texas is woman is warning others about a drug with the street name “Pink” after it was listed on her son’s death certificate, along with heroin.
Her son, Jeremy Elliot, 21, died in April after sinking into a coma following an overdose.
Heroin and something called U-47700 were listed on his death certificate.
Mary Elliot told KHOU she wondered, “What is this? Is this bath salts?” after seeing the certificate.
The center said at least three people died from “Pink” last year.
“I thought I did everything right and when this happened I asked myself what I did wrong,” Elliot said.
She has since formed a Facebook support group called MAH, Mothers Against Heroin, in hopes of helping others learn from her tragedy.