Advance look at Kaluz, new restaurant coming this year in Wellington

5:01 p.m Monday, Jan. 29, 2018 Local
This rendering provides a look at what the new Kaluz restaurant in Wellington will look like once completed later this year. (Provided by Kaluz)

Wellington residents are getting an advance look at a new restaurant opening this year in the village.

Kaluz is being built on the former site of Italian family-style chain Buca di Beppo, which closed in 2015 at 2025 Wellington Green Drive in front of the Fresh Market plaza.

WELLINGTON READERS: Sign up for The Post’s weekly newsletter for Wellington news

This rendering provides a look at how the new Kaluz restaurant in Wellington will look once completed this year. (Provided by Kaluz)


The original Buca di Beppo building was set on fire on July 4, 2016, in what originally was reported as a fireworks-related incident but investigators later said was arson. It was torn down and Kaluz has been rising in its place since last year. 

On its Facebook page, Kaluz Wellington, the new restaurant posted renderings showing what it will look like once completed. 

RELATED: What’s going in at former Wellington Buca di Beppo site?

The restaurant hopes to open this March but has not set an exact date, Kaluz operating manager Shannon Van Woerden said. They now are hiring for positions as servers, hostesses, grill and line cooks, dishwashers and more. For more information, email wellingtonhr@kaluzrestaurant.com.

Kaluz serves American Upscale cuisine and also has a waterfront location in Fort Lauderdale. To view menus from the Fort Lauderdale restaurant -- the offerings may vary when the Wellington location opens -- go to www.kaluzrestaurant.com.