Looking for a way to remember those who died while serving our country?
We found ten concerts, ceremonies and remembrances:
1. RIVIERA BEACH MEMORIAL DAY CEREMONY: 4:30 p.m. today, in the courtyard of the City Hall Municipal Complex, 600 Blue Heron Blvd. Patrick Murphy (or his representative), Jeff Clemens, State Rep. Bobby Powell, County Commissioner Priscilla Taylor, and other city, county and state officials will stand alongside veterans for a special ceremony. Also features an Honor Guard and a performance of the National Anthem by singer Terri R. Nelson. Info: 561-845-3464 or firstname.lastname@example.org
2. MEANING OF MEMORIAL DAY BIG BAND CONCERT: 7:30 p.m. Friday, Olympic Heights Community High School Performance Theater, 20101 Lyons Road, Boca Raton. The meaning of Memorial Day expressed in music by drummer Dick Cully and his 15-piece orchestra. There will be a free performance at 4:30 p.m. for veterans and students with I.D. Tickets for the evening performance at 7:30 p.m. are $20 in advance, $25 at the door, with proceeds benefiting the Olympic Heights High School bands. Info: 561-750-0035; helpusrebootamerica.com
3. A CONCERT TO HONOR AMERICA’S FALLEN AND VETERANS: 8 p.m. Saturday, PBSC Eissey Campus Theatre, 3160 PGA Blvd., Palm Beach Gardens. The combined forces of the New Gardens Band, Indian River POPS Orchestra, and Robert Sharon Chorale – more than 100 musicians in all – will perform a special tribute of all-American patriotic favorites. Tickets are $20, $10 veterans and their spouses. Info: 561-207-5900; newgardensband.org
4. PALM BEACH GARDENS MEMORIAL DAY CEREMONY: 9 a.m. Monday, Veterans Plaza, 10500 N. Military Trail, Palm Beach Gardens. Pay homage to our nation’s fallen service members with Fire/Rescue and Police Honor Guards, a Memorial Day address and wreath laying ceremony. Info: 561-630-1100 or email@example.com
5. MEMORIAL DAY SERVICE: 9 a.m. Monday, Veterans Park Amphitheater, 1036 Royal Palm Beach Blvd., Royal Palm Beach. A flag-raising ceremony followed by presentations, refreshments and live music by the Royal Palm Beach Community Band. Info: 561-790-5149.
6. MEMORIAL DAY COMMEMORATIVE CEREMONY AT BOCA RATON CEMETERY: 9 a.m. Monday, 449 SW Fourth Ave., Boca Raton. The American Legion Post 277 and its auxiliary unit, Boca Raton Elks Lodge 2166, Boca Raton Community High School unit of the Navy Junior ROTC, and honor guard units representing the city’s Police and Fire/Rescue services will participate. The Mayor will offer thoughts on Memorial Day. Info: 561-367-7073; myboca.us; 561-393-7807; myboca.us
7. THE SIXTH ANNUAL MEMORIAL DAY CEREMONY: 10 a.m. Monday, South Florida National Cemetery, 6501 S. S.R. 7, Lake Worth. An hourlong ceremony remembering and honoring military personnel who died in the service of their country, hosted by the Palm Beach County Veterans. Shuttle transportation is available from the Target store on Lantana Road and Winfield Solutions at 8245 U.S. 441, Boynton Beach. This is an outdoor event, so bring your own chair — seating will not be provided. Info: 561-649-6489
8. THE ANNUAL MEMORIAL DAY CEREMONY AT LAKE WORTH PINECREST CEMETERY: 10 to 11 a.m. Monday, 1724 12th Ave. S., Lake Worth. The American Legion, Vogel-Lee Post 47, Auxiliary SAL and the Boys Scout Troop 204 will be honoring veterans. Info: 561-586-1720.
9. THE 65TH ANNUAL MEMORIAL DAY OBSERVANCE: 11 a.m. to noon Monday, Riverside Memorial Park, 19351 SE County Line Road, Tequesta. American Legion Post 279 hosts keynote speaker Sr. Raul Diaz, Major, U.S Army Reserves, local clergy, public officials and community members in a ceremony of remembrance. Bring a chair. Info: 561-747-1100.
10. THE TENTH ANNUAL “A DAY TO REMEMBER” MEMORIAL DAY SERVICE: 11:50 to 2 p.m. Monday, Palm Beach Memorial Park, 3691 Seacrest Blvd., Lantana. The keynote speaker is Jonathan Castro, a member of the Lake Worth High School JROTC. The emcee is Bob Nichols, a veteran broadcaster and the national chairman of the Board of Forgotten Soldiers Outreach Inc. Also speaking will be Seminole Ridge High School Cadet Col. John Christian and WWII POW veteran Murray Stein, who will perform the POW/MIA Table Ceremony. The Palm Beach County Sheriff’s honor guard, Boynton Beach Fire Department honor guard, Santaluces High School JROTC, Lake Worth High School JROTC, Seminole Ridge High School JROTC, Boy Scouts of America, Boynton Beach Troop 395 and the Cub Scouts Of America Pack 241 will also participate. See military vehicles on display, wreath presentations including the Wreath of Honor, a dove release, a patriotic tribute performance by The New Young Patriots, and the National Anthem by Lou Galterio. Refreshments will follow. Info: www.forgottensoldiers.org; 561-369-2933.