FOOD TRUCKS AT PGA
The PGA National Resort jumps on the gastro truck caravan with the debut of its own mobile kitchen, the iTRUCK. The truck makes its first appearance at the resort’s Gourmet Pig Out, Food Truck & Custom Car Show on Sunday, a family festival that in part benefits Wounded Warriors of South Florida.
What’s the iTRUCK got cooking? Barbecue pork sliders, the resort’s signature Champ Burger and Birdie Shrimp, mojo fish tacos, truffle fries, crab fritters, and lobster sliders, among other tasty things.
Fest-goers also can expect slow-roasted pork from Whole Foods Market, and street food favorites from trucks including Crazydilla, Da Burger Shack, Flour Power, Lobsta Rollin, Mojo on the Go, Slow Food Truck, Philly Grill, Il Fiorentino, International Classic Cuisine, and Spring In Roll Out. Plus, live music by Big Vince and The Phat Cats.
Gourmet Pig Out Food Truck Expo
- Sunday, from noon to 4 p.m.
- PGA National Resort & Spa, 400 Ave. of the Champions, Palm Beach Gardens;
- General admission tickets ($30 advance, $35 door) include tastings from all the trucks. VIP tickets ($40 advance, $45 door) include all tastings as well as access to the Heineken VIP Beer Tent.
- For more information, or to purchase advance tickets, visit PGAPigOut.eventbrite.com, or call 561-627-3111
PGA National is running a “Stay the Night” special of $169 including two tickets. An additional night costs $99. To reserve, call 855-661-1050. Sunday’s event also kicks off “Military and First Responders Appreciation Week” at PGA National, which runs through Sept. 6 and offers room rates for military personnel and first responders starting at $89 per night (plus resort fees and taxes). Two free tickets to the “Gourmet Pig Out” are included with a two-night stay. To reserve, call 888-974-3885.
FOOD TRUCKS AT THE ZOO
Zoo critters, be warned: a convoy of food trucks will invade the Palm Beach Zoo Saturday night. The second Food Truck Safari follows the success of the zoo’s recent truck rally, which drew more than 1,000 people.
In addition to a batch of gourmet food trucks, this weekend’s safari promises beer and wine, live music, and, of course, animal encounters – the entire zoo will be open for visitors.
Food Truck Safari
- Saturday, from 5:30-9:30 p.m.
- Palm Beach Zoo, 1301 Summit Blvd., West Palm Beach
- Admission is $9 for members, $10 for non-members
- More info at 561-547-9453, or PalmBeachZoo.org