NEW: State won’t charge Royal Palm Beach mayor

1:55 p.m Monday, Dec. 18, 2017 Local
Pinto

Prosecutors will not pursue a domestic battery allegation made last month against Royal Palm Beach Mayor Fred Pinto.

The case was dismissed because the victim declined to participate, Palm Beach County State Attorney’s Office spokesman Mike Edmondson said Monday.

Pinto was arrested Nov. 13 following a “heated argument” with his wife. He told The Palm Beach Post in the days following his arrest that he and his wife were working to move forward after the incident.

A woman who was not identified in the arrest report told investigators she got into an argument with Pinto and fell as he tried to close a door that she had opened.

Pinto was first elected to Royal Palm Beach’s council in 2003. His two-year term as mayor ends in March 2018. He said in November that he plans to continue his run for re-election.

View full experience