Black Friday shoppers can expect to find a record breaking number of doorbuster deals this year, including a number of promotions with a price tag of $20 or less, according to the deal hunting experts at the Black Friday website BFAds.net.
BFAds.net 2016 predictions:
1. Thanksgiving weekend shoppers will have access to more than 52,000 advertised Black Friday Deals (49,000 in 2015), including 15,000 deals under $20
2. Expect a record 7,000 Black Friday Doorbusters with more available online and via mobile device than ever before.
3. Look for +50 4K TV deals under $500 (29 in 2015), and 50-60” 1080p HDTV doorbusters priced under $200.
4. Expect 1,500 Video Game deals with more than 500 under $20, $200 Xbox One bundles, $300 PS4 bundles and new Xbox One S bundles at $300 and PS4 Pro bundles at $400.
5. Amazon will offer its Kindle Fire for $35, Fire Sticks for $20 and Kindle Fire Kid’s Tablets for less than $60.
6. Anticipate +350 Laptop Deals with more than 60 laptop deals under $200.
7. Look for Smart Home devices like the NEST, Amazon Echo and wireless WiFi home security systems at their lowest prices of the year.
8. Black Friday toy deals get more exclusive to specific stores in 2016, including Walmart’s Disney Princess Carriage & Toys-R-Us ShopkinsTall Mall.
9. New Apple iPhone 7 will be offered with significant signup bonuses such as store gift cards, free accessories or no money down.
10. Expect the 1st Generation Apple Watch Sport under $200 and Fitbit Alta fitness trackers under $100.
There are seven items the shopping experts at BensBargains.com say you’ll find better buys before the holiday shopping rush. They are:
1. Camping/Outdoor Gear
Look for closeout discounts on camping and outdoor gear between 60 to 80 percent. Plan ahead and purchase new camping supplies this month. The best discounts are on Amazon, eBay, Cabela’s, and REI Outlet.
2. Patio Furniture
Late September and early October can be an excellent time to snag discounts up to 75 percent while stores still have a decent selection of furniture. Look to retailers like Sears, Home Depot, eBay and Amazon for the best sales.
3. Dress Shoes/Sneakers/Accessories
Look for the best deals during Columbus Day — sales between 40 to 80 percent off on brand name shoes and 50 to 70 percent off on accessories.
4. Gardening Tools and Accessories
Discounts between 50 to 80 percent on gardening supplies in October as well as discounts on outdoor living accessories between 40 to 70 percent. These discounts will be most popular at retailers like Sears, Lowes, Home Depot, and eBay.
Deals between 50 to 80 percent off on name brand jeans as well as volume discounts when purchasing more than one pair of jeans. Look to retailers like 6pm, Men’s Warehouse, Kohl’s, and Target for some of the best discounts.
While dealership will often market Columbus Day sales as “last chance” events to purchase 2016 models, the pressure will only increase on dealerships to move 2016 models. Look for the best deals after mid-October — but inventory will dry up into November.
7. Holiday Travel Flights / Cruises
Prices on cruises are slashed in October due to a drop in demand. In addition, Europe’s off-season kicks off on October 1st look for plenty of cheap Euro airfares.