A Boynton Beach hazardous material removal company working on the Palm Beach Outlets project has been cited and fined $10,780 after a fatal accident last summer.
The Occupational Safety & Health Administration investigated after Juan Arias died in August on the job. Ultimately, the workplace safety agency said Best-Tec Asbestos Abatement “employees were exposed to electrocution hazards when removing electrical conduits that were energized,” according to a citation issued Jan. 17.
Subscribers get total access to this story, and all our in-depth news, digital editions and exclusive content. Subscribe today, or try a 24-hour or 7-day digital pass.
Registered Post Subscriber — Sign me in.Sign In
Post Print Subscriber — I need to register my account for digital access.Access Digital
All Day Access — 24-hour digital pass99¢ for 24 hours
All Week Access — 7-day digital pass$3.99 for 7 days
All Access, All the Time — Print & DigitalView Offers