RAPIDS WATER PARK
With more than 35 rides and slides, this is South Florida’s largest water park! At the 30-acre park you and the family can enjoy Barefootin’ Bay, an interactive play area open for younger children. Plus there are plenty of options for cabanas, lounge chairs and you can grab a bite to eat at Pelican Bay Café & Pub.
How far: 4 minutes | 1.5 miles
Find them: 6566 N. Military Trail, Riviera Beach
Call them: 561-848-6272
Visit them: rapidswaterpark.com
If you love country music, this country-western bar is just for you! They have lots to offer from country line dancing and a mechanical bull to live music and comfort food.
How far: 9 minutes | 4.2 miles
Find them: 600 Village Blvd., West Palm Beach
Call them: 561-683-9555
Visit them: renegadeswpb.com
PALM BEACH OUTLETS
You can get your shopping on and grab a bite to eat at this outdoor shopping center that features more than 100 stores. Highlights include:
- First Watch – Order up a made-to-order breakfast at this yummy breakfast and lunch spot. If you are looking for healthy options, First Watch serves items like kale salads, quinoa bowls and yogurt with chia seeds.
- Nordstrom Rack – This outlet gem carries merch from Nordstrom stores at 30-70 percent off original Nordstrom prices.
- Cucina Pizza – Who doesn’t love pizza, and at Cucina, you can create your own! From a recent Post review: “The service was good, the food was great, and the prices are not too bad.”
How far: 10 minutes | 4.9 miles
Find them: 1751 Palm Beach Lakes Blvd., West Palm Beach
Call them: 561-515-4400
Visit them: palmbeachoutlets.com
EMERALD DUNES CLUB
For the golfer in you, Emerald Dunes offers 60 acres of lakes and an 18-hole championship golf course.
How far: 10 minutes | 5.5 miles
Find them: 2100 Emerald Dunes Drive, West Palm Beach
Call them: 561-687-1700
Visit them: emeralddunesclub.com
At this free, FPL Eco-Discover Center, on cooler days you can see manatees swimming in the Lake Worth Lagoon. The sub-tropical species love the warm waters created by the power plant’s outflow. And if no manatees show up, learn about the endangered mammal and the nearby ecosystem with the center’s interactive exhibits.
How far: 12 minutes | 5 miles
Find them: 6000 N. Flagler Dr., West Palm Beach
Call them: 561-626-2833
Visit them: visitmanateelagoon.com
Like any island, Singer Island has fun water sports, marinas, water taxis and an off-island island! Highlights include:
- Peanut Island – Just off the shores of Singer Island is the 79-acre Peanut Island. You can catch a water ferry to this man-made island, which offers up plenty to do including snorkeling, tours of the JFK Bunker, kayaking and paddle boarding.
- Phil Foster Park – Located just under the Blue Heron Bridge, this is the perfect beach park. Enjoy an underwater snorkeling trail, a playground and fishing areas. Oh, and did I say dogs are allowed, yes! You can bring Fido!
- Sailfish Marina – At this marina, which overlooks Peanut Island, feed the hungry fish at the dock or enjoy a nice seafood dinner at the Sailfish Marina restaurant. On Thursdays, relax at the marina’s Sunset Celebration where artists come to show and sell their wares. Musicians entertain and famous ‘Grouper Dogs’ are offered up!
How far: 16 minutes| 6.8 miles
Find them: 98 Lake Dr. West Palm Beach
Visit them: Facebook
PEGGY ADAMS ANIMAL RESCUE LEAGUE
Missing your beloved pet while in town for spring training? Head to Peggy Adams to check out the adoptable dogs and cats. And if you really want to invest your time, sign up for a day pass to volunteer!
How far: 6 minutes | 3.1 miles
Find them: 3100 N. Military Trail, West Palm Beach
Call them: 561-686-3663
Visit them: peggyadams.org
PALM BEACH COUNTY ANIMAL CARE AND CONTROL
Fun for dogs and fitness for you, Animal Control offers play groups where you volunteer to play and run with selected dogs.
How far: 14 minutes | 7 miles
Find them: 7100 Belvedere Rd., West Palm Beach
Call them: 561-233-1200
Visit them: pbcgov.com
MOUNTS BOTANICAL GARDENS
Get your Zen on at this beautiful 14-acre garden in West Palm Beach. It’s Palm Beach County’s oldest and largest public garden with more than 2,000 species plants, including Florida native plants, exotic and tropical fruit trees, herbs, palms and bromeliads. Take the kiddies and have fun in the Children’s Maze.
How far: 12 minutes | 5.5 miles
Find them: 531 N. Military Trail, West Palm Beach
Call them: 561-233-1757
Visit them: mounts.org
Like any outdoor mall, CityPlace has plenty of shopping, food, and even a gym. There’s Revolutions, (the fun bowling alley and bar) Muvico Parisian 20 and IMAX Theater, City Cellar, Cabo Flats Cantina and so much more.
How far: 14 minutes | 7.1 miles
Find them: 700 S. Rosemary Ave., West Palm Beach
Call them: 561-366-1000
Visit them: cityplace.com
DOWNTOWN WEST PALM BEACH WATERFRONT
In the heart of downtown West Palm Beach you’ll find the beautiful waterfront. There are many ways to experience the city. Highlights include:
- Skybike - Rent a bike at Skybike to tour the city on your own, or take a guided-bike tour.
- Clematis by Night – This weekly celebration on the waterfront features live music and food vendors.
- Green Market – With a stunning view of the West Palm waterfront, at this market you can browse, nosh or linger while listening to music or watch the kids and pups play. The green market is open Oct. through May each year.
How far: 17 minutes | 8.2 miles
Find them: 101 S. Flagler Dr., West Palm Beach
Call them: 561-822-1523
Visit them: wpb.org
If you play pickup games or just want go for a nice long walk this 560-acre park is for you! There are baseball, basketball and multipurpose fields, a youth golf learning center, a radio-controlled airplane area, plus the usual assortment of trails, fishing, bike paths, etc.
How far: 6 minutes | 2.3 miles
Find them: 7301 Haverhill Rd., West Palm Beach
Call them: 561-966-6600
Visit them: Facebook
FRED ASTAIRE DANCE
From Salsa to Ballroom Dance, this dance studio offers a little bit of everything. Learn to Mambo, fine-tune your Salsa skills, or take up Ballroom Dancing!
How far: 10 minutes | 6 miles
Find them: 1900 Okeechobee Blvd., Suite A2, West Palm Beach
Call them: 561-478-1400
Visit them: fredastaire.com
Bring out your inner artist at Uptown Art. This fun studio provides hands-on art instruction, supplies, workspace prep and clean up. They even provide corkscrews if you bring your own libations!
How far: 14 minutes | 7.5 miles
Find them: 510 Evernia St., West Palm Beach
Call them: 561-899-3980
Visit them: uptownart.com
SOUTH FLORIDA SCIENCE CENTER AND AQUARIUM
You can check out the fresh and saltwater aquariums, play science with the interactive exhibits or take in a round of mini golf at the Science Center.
How far: 15 minutes | 9 minutes
Find them: 4801 Dreher Trail N., West Palm Beach
Call them: 561-832-1988
Visit them: sfsciencecenter.org
PALM BEACH ZOO & CONSERVATION SOCIETY
The Palm Beach Zoo, which sits inside Dreher Park, showcases more than 500 animals, many of them endangered. Enjoy the animals inside 23 acres of lush tropical landscapes and there is also a huge fountain the kids can enjoy!
How far: 14 minutes | 9.5 miles
Find them: 1301 Summit Blvd., West Palm Beach
Call them: 561-547-9453
Visit them: palmbeachzoo.org
ACCOMPLICE BREWERY & CIDERWORKS
Looking for a cool place to grab a drink and chill, this is the spot! This tasting room specializes in fruit-infused hard ciders. There’s a life-size Connect Four, Jenga and Beer Pong. Plus, they occasionally host art classes, yoga classes, open mic nights and food trucks.
How far: 12 minutes | 6.5 miles
Find them: 1023 N. Florida Mango Rd., West Palm Beach
Call them: 561-568-7242
Visit them: accomplicebrewery.com
Home to President Donald Trump’s ‘Winter Whitehouse’, Palm Beach has many outstanding things to see and do. There’s the famous Worth Avenue upscale shopping destination with the Clock Tower, Sprinkles Ice Cream shop, which was rated #1 in the country by ‘People Magazine’ and the luxurious Breakers Palm Beach resort and so much more.
How far: 16 minutes | 8.3 miles
Find them: 360 S. Ocean Blvd,
Call them: 561-838-5400
Visit them: townofpalmbeach.com